The academy represents the educational side of the Johannes Hospice, connecting practical hospice work and theoretical palliative skills. It exists to impart practice-related knowledge, an affirmative attitude and supporting skills.
The courses are intended for skilled workers in palliative care, volunteers and anyone from the general public who is interested.
Courses and area of expertise
- Contacts for factual information
- Advanced training and further qualifications, lectures
- Planning and holding conferences
- Projects, research
- Networking and cooperation
- Coordinating internships from abroad
- Supervision of the specialised library
- Editorial management of the magazine “Kairos” and of the academy’s international newsletter
- Transculturality: hospice care and palliative support of people with an immigrant background
- Anthropology und spiritual care
- Palliative Care Global: development of international contacts
- Curricular topics