The Academy is the educational dimension of the Johannes Hospice, connecting practical hospice work with theoretical palliative skills. It exists to impart practice-related knowledge, an affirmative attitude and supporting skills.
The courses provided are intended for skilled workers in palliative care, volunteers and anyone from the general public who is interested.
The Academy’s activities fall under the following areas:
- Serving as a point of contact for information requests
- Providing lectures, advanced training, higher qualifications
- Planning and hosting conferences
- Conducting research and special projects
- Networking and cooperation
- Coordinating programme for visiting international interns
- Managing the specialist library
- Editorial management: Academy’s international newsletter
- Transculturality: hospice care and palliative support for people with an immigrant background
- Anthropology and spiritual care
- Palliative Care Global: development of international contacts
- Curricular topics